What is New River Yoga Festival?
A grassroots, homegrown, yoga festival with flow, philosophy, kirtan, and so much more.
When is New River Yoga Festival this year?
August 28th – 30th, 2020 – but you are welcome to come earlier or stay later at ACE Adventure Resort and the New River Gorge Area.
Why is New River Yoga Festival happening?
We aim to bring the yoga community together in this unique location of the New River Gorge to learn, grow, and connect with each other.
Where is New River Yoga Festival taking place?
The festival itself is coordinated by Erin Larsen and Kelsey Regan. We have asked for the collaboration and assistance from various local studios. The festival will be held at ACE Adventure Resort in Oak Hill, West Virginia. Their event grounds and Overlook of the New River allow for various classes to be happening at one time.
Who is involved?
New River Yoga Festival is coordinated by Erin Larsen and Kelsey Regan. We have asked for the collaboration and assistance from various local studios, teachers, and volunteers.
When does the campground open?
The campground opens each day for new guests at noon. Want to come a few days early or stay longer? You can! ACE Adventure Resort ALWAYS has camping available. Give the reservations office a call at 304.469.2651 or find lodging here.
Will I be able to park at my campsite or cabin?
All tickets include car camping and you will be able to park at your site. If you upgrade your lodging to a cabin you will be able to park at your cabin.
Where can I stay if I’m not a camper?
There are several options at ACE for every kind of yogi! Camping is included in your ticket price, but if you prefer a more solid roof over your head check out the Lodging Page on ACE’s website.
If you are looking to come and go each night, there are also local hotels and various other lodging options off the ACE property. The closest hotel is Holiday Lodge in Oak Hill.
So when you say camping, what exactly do you mean?
You will be responsible for providing all of your own camping gear, tent, sleeping bags, sleeping pads etc… You can pitch your tent (literally and figuratively) in a flat, open field at the top of a mountain, adjacent to the festival. There are picnic tables and fire pits dispersed around the camping areas to share with your fellow yogis. A great way to make new friends!. To learn more about our lodging options, click here.
How far are the classes from my campsite?
Pretty close! In fact, the campground is just adjacent to the festival. All of which is at the top of the mountain. And yes, that IS pretty cool. Concho Overlook is a very short drive on ACE’s property and we will have signs showing you the way.
When do cabins check in?
Daily at 4pm.
What should I consider bringing?
- Ground cover
- Sleeping pad or air mattress
- Sleeping bag and/or blankets
- Raincoat (a must!)
- Hat or Visor for that strong summer sun
- Water bottle
- Warm clothes and layers for the evenings
- Flip flops/sandals
- Bathing Suit for the Wonderland Waterpark and whitewater rafting.
- Camp stove and equipment if you want to cook
- Reusable plate, cup and utensils (we are working on being a low waste festival)
- Cooler with your favorite snacks and beverages (food vendors will be in festival grounds and ACE has restaurants on site)
- If you like to fish, feel free to bring your fishing gear. Since ACE is a private property, you don’t need a license to fish in our lakes and ponds.
- A healthy taste for adventure
- A good dose of adrenaline
- Your dancing shoes (although we like bare feet too)
- Your favorite yoga attire
- Yoga Mat and props (limited props will be available to borrow for classes but no yoga mats will be provided so don’t forget yours!)
What kind of food will be available?
- We are working on having healthy food vendor options. If you have a more unique dietary requirement and would love to know if we will have what you need, feel free to contact us, and we will try to accomodate you. Remember if you are camping, you can bring your own food and cook over a fire pit or on your camp stove.
What kind of beverages will be sold at the festival?
There will not be any alcoholic beverages available inside the festival grounds. We do hope to offer a variety of juices, smoothies, and of course, water. What you have at your campsite, however, is up to you.
How far are the festival grounds from my cabin?
Well, that depends really. Our cabins are spread across the 1500 acre property so that cabin guests have as much privacy as possible. Depending on which cabin you’re in, you’ll have AT MOST a 2-5 minute drive. Check out ACE’s map for exact locations.
Are there restrooms and shower?
There are a good number of bathroom facilities spread across the camping area. The restrooms are hard structures with flushing toilets, sinks, and showers that are well taken care of during events. It’s not the Ritz, but it’s certainly not a hole in the ground and a hot kettle either.
THE NITTY GRITTY
Will you take credit cards?
Yep! But just to lean on the safe side, carry some cash just in case. You know how technology can act up from time to time. We also cannot promise credit card processing from all of our vendors.
Will there be ATM’s at the festival?
For sure, we got you covered. There is one ATM in the outfitter store, one in The Lost Paddle, and one at the Welcome Center at ACE Adventure Resort – just a short drive or walk from the festival grounds.
Will I be searched?
Your vehicle, no. You may be searched at the gate for weapons, outside alcohol, and any other prohibited items. We respect you, so please respect us by not bringing this kind of stuff into the festival grounds and class areas.
Will I be able to use my cell phone?
That depends on your carrier really. AT&T tends to work great. Verizon usually works on the top of mountain. And Sprint, well, that could be a little hit or miss. During classes we would greatly appreciate you not using your phones 😉
Where can I buy festival swag?
Check out the Merch Booth on Vendor Row at the festival grounds.
What will the weather be like?
Well, neither of us are that great at predicting the weather around here, so it’s hard to say definitively this far in advance. Typically August in WV is warm with an average high of 88 and a low of 68 and extremely humid. However, no matter what the weather is like, this is a RAIN or SHINE event, and you should dress appropriately.
Is there a lost and found?
Yes! During the event we will keep things at the festival grounds, however after the event has concluded, all items will be located at the ACE Welcome Center. Lost items can be dropped off at the Merch Booth on Vendor Row. All lost items will be held at the Welcome Center for a total of 60 days.
How do I become a New River Yoga Festival Vendor?
You can apply by completing this form!
I have a weird question that is NOT addressed here, how do I ask you?
Feel free to shoot us an email at email@example.com. You can also reach out to us on Facebook, where we are usually pretty responsive.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
We love our fur babies as much as you do, however, this event is primarily camping in AUGUST and with the extreme heat, we recommend against it unless you are in a pet-friendly cabin. There are no pets allowed inside the festival grounds.
Things you should NOT bring to ACE Adventure Resort:
- Illegal or unauthorized vending
- Fireworks or any types of explosives
- Knives or weapons of any kind. (This includes slingshots.)
- Illegal substances, drugs, or drug paraphernalia.
Things you should NOT bring into the Festival Grounds:
- Alcohol or flasks
- Glass containers
- Illegal substances, drugs, or drug paraphernalia.
- Animals (except service animals)
- Flammable lanterns, fireworks or fire of any kind
- Skateboards, scooters, or personalized motorized vehicles
- Tents or canopies
- Professional cameras (a camera with a detachable lens), poles or tripods/monopods, unless you’ve been officially approved as a media partner
- Lasers or pointers.
- Chains, chain wallets, or spike jewelry
- Instruments, megaphones, horns, or noise-makers
- Metal aerosol containers including sunscreen, pepper spray, or spray paint.
Music after the scheduled events
We enjoy music, chanting and singing just as much as you do! However, amps are not permitted, and it’s important that you’re respectful of your neighbors. Keep in mind not everyone has the same music tastes!
Youth and Children
ACE is very kid friendly! However, there is no kids programming at this moment so all children must have parent supervision and if attending a yoga class must have a ticket in their name and be with a parent. Bring the whole family. If you want to attend the festival and bring your partner and/or kids there are a slew of activities to keep them busy and wear them out while you are centering your body and mind. You can all camp or book your own cabin for a family fun vacation!
Day of Tickets
Definitely! Tickets, lodging, and activity passes will be available for purchase at the Festival Grounds. However, remember that supplies are limited.
The festival will go on rain or shine. If it does look like inclement weather, we will look for rainy day locations at ACE.
We do not allow refunds but you can transfer your ticket on EventBrite to someone else.